The Important Stuff

Saturday 10 January 2015

Love Your Lips

I don't know about you, but I get very dry lips over the winter, even sometimes into the summer, so keeping a good lip care regime is crucial. I want to share a little bit of my wisdom that I have collected over the years with you so you can get the softest lips you've ever had.

Exfoliation

Not many people realise the importance of exfoliating their lips. It gets eliminates all of the dry skin and makes your lips instantly smooth. The first trick I have up my sleeve is an old toothbrush. As glamorous as it doesn't sound, using an old toothbrush to lightly brush your lips in small circles eases the dry skin and makes it softer again. If you dip the toothbrush in a small amount of petroleum jelly, you'll have long lasting results and will only have to do this once every few days.



If you fancy buying an actual product for this, why not try a lip scrub? I swear by Lush's Popcorn Lip Scrub which is made with all natural ingredients and even has a small amount of popping candy in it! It tastes fantastic and works wonders with only a teeny tiny amount, so it lasts forever.

Balm




Lip balms are an essential for everyone in the winter, but I reply on them all year round to give me lips a quick shine whilst protecting them from sun rays and harsh winds. Lypsyl's lip balms are all SPF15 as well as doing all the jobs of the perfect lip balm. The thicker balm means you use less meaning it will last for a long time and the Cherry Blossom and Strawberry Polka Dot balms are tinted so give the look of a mild lip stain or lip stick.


Lypsyl's lip balms work perfectly with Lush's lip scrubs, In order to keep your lips smooth this year, and every year after this, use lip scrubs with Lypsyl's lip balms. They are by far the best I have ever used.

*Full Disclosure: Thank you to the lovely people at Nobull Communications and Lypsyl for sending me 3 products to try out before writing this post*

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Lush lip scrubs, they're so great for winter aren't they :)

    Laura |FASHION, EATS & TREATS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALWAYS get dry lips so this post is super helpful!! I'll definitely be hunting down these two.. Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this routine -I havent tried the Lush lip scrub yet! I usually make my own lip scrub from brown sugar, coconut oil and cinnamon. There's a recipe on my blog you should check it out! Lucy, www.aspectatorsport.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got the bubblegum scrub, it's amazing! The pixi shea butter balms are so good too, a little more expensive but so pretty.

    www.dirtydisco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete