The Important Stuff

Thursday 1 January 2015

New Year, Same Me?

Every year since I was younger, I vowed I was going to change at least one aspect of myself in the new year. Whether this was a new style, a new regime, or a new look at life, I always changed something. But this year, something has changed.

The first time I remember saying 'new year, new me', I was around 8 years old. I was shopping with my Aunt for Christmas presents and she let me pick out a top from a small boutique. As I was clutching the pale blue t-shirt that shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a chubby kid, I announced that in the new year, I was going to change and wear nicer clothes. Yes, I suppose that's where y love of clothes came from and if it wasn't for that moment I would still be wearing pedal pushers and jelly shoes. But my point is, it may not be a bad thing to change.

This is not me putting down anyone who wants to change a certain thing about themselves. In all honesty, go for it! The reason I am choosing to stay the same in 2015 is because I feel I am content with everything I currently have and do. I have great friends, I like the way I dress, I am happy in my job, I enjoy my out of work activities, I'm quite satisfied with my current situation.

However, this is not to say I will not change within the year. The new year is just a change of a date. Yes, it's a big change, however, if we take this down to a smaller scale, you could change yourself every day. If you want to change something, don't wait until the new year, don;t come up with an excuse, take the leap and do it.



Happy 2015 to all of my readers, let's hope it's an awesome year.

Emily x

Picture source: http://circlesconference.com/2015/images/2015.png

1 comment:

  1. I think the New Year makes you reflect on things more, but I agree - if you want to change something in a meaningful way, there's no time like the present! xx

    Magpie Jasmine || GIVEAWAY!: Urban Decay/Nars/Charlotte Tilbury/Too Faced

    ReplyDelete