The Important Stuff

Sunday 23 November 2014

Recipe: Raspberry & White Chocolate Cupcakes

As it is international cake day on Wednesday 26th November, I decided to share with you a new recipe I have fallen in love with. My adoration for this classic flavour combination came from my addiction to raspberry and white chocolate cookies as a child. Now baking with and eating the two together takes me back to shopping with my Nan and the innocence of childhood memories. I found a recipe online and tweaked it, as well as adding my own raspberry jam butter cream with a homemade raspberry sauce. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 250g soft butter
  • 250g caster sugar
  • 250g self raising flour
  • 4 eggs
  • 4-5 tbsp milk
  • 100g white chocolate (chips or broken into small pieces)
  • raspberries (no quantity, I used about 2/3 small punnet)
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4
  2. Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (see picture towards the end of the post)
  3. Add and beat in the eggs one at a time, continue beating until some volume has been added
  4. Gradually sift in the flour and fold in, then add the milk to loosen up the mixture slightly
  5. Add the raspberries and white chocolate chips or pieces delicately so you don't knock the air out of the batter or destroy the raspberries. I suggest coating them in flour before adding to the mixture as this stops them sinking to the bottom of the cake during baking
  6. Spoon into cake cases and bake for around 15 minutes or until golden (see pictures)
  7. Decorate how you want, I used raspberry jam butter cream which is a small pack of butter with around 5-6 tablespoons of icing sugar and 2 teaspoons or raspberry jam, more if you want a stronger colour or flavour. The sauce was made with the leftover raspberries, 2 teaspoons of caster or granulated sugar and a splash of water, then strain to take the seeds out.

THIS is soft and fluffy

This is the colour my cakes went when they were done

  



No comments:

Post a Comment