The Important Stuff

Tuesday 10 March 2015

The Age Of Quirk

Quirky accessories have always been a favourite of mine because I think they allow anyone to liven up what could be a very plain and boring outfit. I do channel Gaga and Perry a lot with my clothes and tend to stay far away from fully black outfits, but when the time comes, I can always rely on my trusty accessories to make me feel like a megastar.


1. I have just bought these sunglasses! Okay, so not these exact ones but a very close eBay dupe because I don't have a whopping £155 just for a pair of sunglasses. These House of Holland glasses are perfect for the sunny weather we can expect soon (just don;t count on it because, you know, British weather) and I wouldn't be surprised if we see Lady Gaga wearing a similar pair this year. My dupes cost just £4 in a recent eBay auction, keep your eye out for another auction soon.

2. Cat ears on rings are everywhere right now, and I'm not complaining! I think rings like this are perfect for beginners and people who are unsure how to use quirky accessories. Being so subtle can work in a lot of people's favour and comes with a very low risk of getting quirky wrong, This beauty can be found on Amazon at the very low price of £1.18 (don't tell me I never bring you bargains).

3. Lips and eyes have always played a huge part in quirky clothing (can I remind you all of this dress Katy Perry wore a few years ago that I still adore?) and this bag epitomises all that is retro and peculiar. Granted, it is a piece for those who are more adventurous, but this bag could go brilliantly with a number of colours and styles. Just image rocking an LBD with red shoes and this beautiful bag at your next dressy event, perfection! This bag is £195 from Zappos Couture, but look out for similar designs in shops like Primark and H&M.

4. Using food in accessory design has recently experienced a major spike in interest, and designs like this are popping up not only on the catwalks (Moschino's A/W 14 collection was heavily food related) but also at reasonable prices in your favourite high street shops, This bag is lovely, but will only hold a few items (because it's teeny tiny) and will have to be imported from America. It is £30/$45 from Akira.

5. Foxes are too cute not to use as accessories. Obviously wearing fur isn't great, so why not wear something like these cute earrings instead? Earrings are another way for the less adventurous to explore the world of quirk as they can be tiny and your hair will cover them a lot of the time. The adorable little foxes are an old design, however, replicas like these metallic foxes from Not On The High Street look a lot more grown up and will compliment a number of outfits. 

Don't be afraid to liven up that all black outfit or spice up a tired look with a few accessories, even if they aren't as quirky as these, they still have the potential to look fabulous and make you shine like the star you are. 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I love the fox earrings! I'm going through a foxes phase, I have a handbag and t-shirt both adorned with foxes :)

    ReplyDelete