The Important Stuff

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Onwards and Upwards

Well, here we are again.

Another post that is way overdue, but there are reasons and there are solutions.

Firstly, I have a new job. After weeks and weeks of the doctors telling me I was far too stressed to work in the environment I was, I packed up and left, Well, more like I handed in my notice and I'm currently having every scrap of paper off my desk posted to me. I've found a wonderful new job, still in social media, working for a TEFL company that sends English teachers all around the world to teach English and learn about other cultures and teach English to a wide variety of people. I can't wait to get started and become a member of such a teeny tiny team (it's just me and my two bosses in the whole company).

This new jobs is a lot closer to home meaning I'll be able to blog more and spend more time sorting my life out, going to the gym and generally having more time to myself to focus on being healthy and destressing after work.


I've also got a huge project/competition coming up on Offbeat with a company called Silver Mushroom. They have created a competition for lifestyle and food bloggers in conjunction with the Great British Bake Off, so expect a tried and tested recipe from my personal collection each week. Silver Mushroom provide all the bake ware for the Bake Off, so hopefully I can impress the judges. Thankfully I won't be threatened by Paul's scold stare or ashamed when Mary tells me I',m doing something wrong!


I am so thankful for everyone who has helped me along this journey, including my dear readers and even other bloggers whom I am yet to meet. When I was at my worst, I couldn't face blogging, writing seemed like such a chore. But writing this post today has made me realise how much of a great outlet Offbeat Emily is for me, and why I fell in love with blogging back in November. There is A LOT of me to catch up on, but from here on out I will continue to be a part of the blogging community and carry on writing, even if you all stop reading, I'll carry on. Nothing's going to stop me now!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job :) I wish I'd done a TEFL course, such a great way to see the world! Looking forward to seeing your bake off posts, I'm so excited that its back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately I'm stuck in a tiny office for now, but there's a huge chance of me travelling and possibly teaching in the future! I can't wait for Bake Off too! It feels like a lifetime has passed since it was last on

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new job, hopefully it will be much better for you! Looking forward to seeing your weekly bakes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the new job lovely! i wish you all the best! xx

    ReplyDelete